"Every teacher improving, every student achieving, every parent involved, every success celebrated."

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Parent Support Group Letter 2

Dear Parents,
Our December 2nd THEATRE REVIEW performance is coming up quickly here at Dixon Middle School at 6:00 pm. I would first like to thank all of you for helping me these last few weeks gather supplies and materials. The students and I have been working hard to make this a great night of performance and talent! We CAN’T WAIT to show you what we’ve been working on! It’s going to be a great show featuring a demonstration of  theatre games, more then 3 plays and a THRILLER dance! As we get close to this performance opportunity I am scrambling to try to get everything done. I am in need of help from you in the following areas if you would like to volunteer your time and talents:

1.      I need 1-2 parents to sit outside of the theatre door on performance night and sell tickets to the parents and family of the students performing. Each ticket will be $3.00. You will need to be able to handle money and use the cash box I will provide to keep the money earned safe until I can deposit it and put it in our theatre department funds.
2.      I need a parent to come to school and film student interviews down in the auditorium for a movie I am trying to make for our performance. I will teach you all you will need to do for this activity upon your arrival.
3.      If you like painting and want to come chaperone a handful of my most trustworthy students finish painting our backdrop on the stage that would be great!
4.      If you have skills on the computer and can type fast, I need someone to type in the students bios into a Microsoft word program and email it to my so I can insert it into our program. 

If you are willing to help in any of these areas, I would welcome you in a heartbeat! Please email me, give me your telephone number and I will call or email you back and coordinate with you. Thank you so much for your help and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment