"Every teacher improving, every student achieving, every parent involved, every success celebrated."

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Final HSM Flyer :)

Dear High School Musical Student and Parents:
The performances are finally here! Yeah! I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for working SO HARD to make this production of High School Musical a reality. There have been many hours of rehearsal, frustration and plain old hard work throughout this journey. But we have overcome it all and are finally here ready to showcase and perform all our hard work to our friends and family!

To the leads:
Thank you so much for memorizing your lines and getting to know your characters! That itself is such a huge accomplishment at your age! I am reminded of that as I myself am in the process of memorizing lines for my other class play that we are doing; it is hard! Yet you did it and since you’ve put in the time you haven’t struggled once remembering them! I am so proud!
Thank you for all you your help supplying all of you many costumes! I know its been difficult to collect and bring them all to school but you did it! You look great onstage and I just want to thank you for taking that huge responsibility off of my shoulders I really appreciate it! Thank you for meeting with me privately after school many times in the past 4 months. You truly have been committed and have been one of the most talented casts of leads I have ever worked with in my teaching career. My hat goes off to you! Now go and enjoy the spotlight and all the rewards that have come from all of your hard work and preparation! You deserve it!

To my ensemble, dancers, brainics, jocks, cheerleaders, skaters and tech crew:
Believe it or not we would not be able to have a show without you backing the entire thing up. You also have been there every step of the way giving your heart and soul just like the leads. I know for you that the journey may have been harder and I so appreciate you hanging in there with me. It is hard to come to rehearsal everyday only to have to sit most of the time as scenes that you are not in are rehearsed over and over. Believe me… I’ve been an ensemble more times then I’ve been a lead; been there, done that! It is very difficult. But you didn’t give up! You were supportive, positive, patient and dedicated to this show and there are no words to say to represent that commitment; thank you! You also memorized lines, learned and performed choreography over and over AND brought and supplied your own costumes. Can I ask for a better cast? I don’t think so! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I hope when you all hear the applause and feel the energy from the audience tonight that you will have a moment under the lights where you realize: this has all been worth it! I hope you enjoy performing as much as I do… I hope that you can have a moment onstage tonight where you feel special, like a diva and VERY talented. Because you are!

All my love and support students! I’m so glad I have the special opportunity to be on this journey with you as your teacher! Break a leg tonight on our OPENING NIGHT! And remember to have fun!

“We’re on in this together!”


PARENTS: On Monday May 7th we will be having our FINAL after school activity from 3:00-4:15. We will be taking our cast pictures in costume in front of the set before we “strike” and take everything down. We will be organizing and taking care of the costumes and sending all clothes back home AND we will be celebrating our successful run as a cast in our final cast party where once we’ve taken pictures and clean up we will go out on the lawn and eat treats and celebrate! Please have your student be in attendance! Thank you always for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment